Monday, October 13, 2008

Location Plan

After careful consideration and much reluctance I decided to utilize Bruny Island, Tas instead of Eumundi Qld. What I wanted to with my design just couldn’t work with the steep slope that dominated that site. It was proving exceptionally difficult and was hindering my design development rather that helping.

The beach front is quite quaint and will provide spectacular views as well as beautiful sunsets I can imagine. (and hope) Having your own piece of personal untouched beach front was quit an appealing thought too. The vegetation won’t prove too difficult to manage however some will need to be removed and replanted in different locations.

I have decided to position my design as close as possible to the beach so the view can be maximized across the water and the house will receive fresh air to help with naturally ventilating the expansive building. The transition between the building and the beach is okay it is difficult designing a proper house on a beachfront without designing a ‘shack’ which is usually associated with the beach in this type of close proximity.

I had to add in roads around to the front of the house and also to the front of the studio. I tried to disturb as little of the beach as possible so as to keep that natural, ‘untouched’ feel. I would make the ‘road’ out of gravel or some other little impact natural material.

No comments: